Environmental guidelines of the Messer Group
Messer adheres to environmental guidelines which were developed by the company as the basis of its business activity:
- determine the material impact of its business activity on the environment and set itself targets for the continual improvement of its environmental compatibility.
- reduce the environmental impact of its products and services.
- endeavour to prevent pollution of the environment.
- reduce waste generation and support programmes aimed at the prevention of pollution.
- provide operating principles, processes, procedures and resources for the implementation of its environmental guidelines, taking into consideration the best available technology.
- encourage staff to act in an environmentally friendly way, both at work and at home.
- promote continuous improvement in waste minimisation.
- comply with or exceed the requirements of existing environmental legislation.
- carry out environmental impact assessments before building new or modifying existing facilities.
- strive for open and honest communication with all stakeholders and neighbours.
- minimise energy consumption and, wherever possible, reuse materials in an economically viable way.
Current projects for environmental protection are described in our yearly CSR report.